Monday, November 30, 2015

Driving Mobile with AT&T and ZTE Mobley

For the past couple of weeks, I have been test driving the ZTE Mobley mobile wireless hotspot from AT&T.  It has proved to provide super convenient to have a mobile internet hotspot that will provide service to up to 5 devices at a time.

Installation of the ZTE Mobley was surprisingly simple, easy - and extremely quick.  I just plugged the Mobley into the OBD-II port under the dash in my car and it powered up fast.  Once a device is connected with the Mobley using the security passcode, it will automatically reconnect each time it comes within the Mobley's range.


Another advantage the Mobley has over other mobile hotspots is that it has no wires or need to be charged.  Mobley is always on whenever your vehicle is.

Driving mostly by myself I haven't used the service from Mobley a whole lot, but I can see how it would be really nice to have wireless for passengers.  It would be especially great for road trips - and I expect we'll be using it on a ski adventure soon ...

I did make it a point to try the service on my iPad all over town - and the coverage from AT&T here in Bellevue was great!

Right now, you can get a ZTE Mobley mobile wireless hotspot for FREE from AT&T with a qualifying 2 year agreement.  Existing AT&T Wireless subscribers can add the device to a Mobile Share Value or Mobile Data plan for an access charge of $10 a month.  Another option is a DataConnect plan: 1GB is $20 a month or you can get 3GB for $30 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment